1. Betola, the new(ish) espresso bar in my neighborhood.
2. Fox & Boy's braiding and hair chalk bar at the San Gennaro street fair this year.
3. Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn (yep, I know I'm like the last person to have finally read this).
4. Lynn Yaeger's New York Fashion Week reviews for the Cut. They're informed and relevant, but Lynn never takes it too seriously.
5. The perfect little pot de creme desserts and fortune fish at Mermaid Inn (they're complimentary!). A great end to an already-perfect dinner.
6. The smart vented jackets from Altuzarra's S/S 13 collection.
7. This hysterical photo of Obama getting one intense hug.